In the heart of Barcelona’s Eixample district, Postisseria Tapias has been open since 1929. It occupies the ground floor of a modernist building and a large basement. The project divides the space into three areas: on the ground floor, the shop. In a new attic, the workshop for making wigs and hairpieces, and in the basement, the warehouse and workshop for large formats such as giants and big-heads or the hair from Dalí’s Mae West, in the Dalí Museum in Figueres. The intervention is planned with high-end materials in the shop, in contrast to the more raw, industrial finishes of the workshop and warehouse.
Antoni Piera, arquitecte
Adolfo Pérez, enginyer